Hello people,
greetings from lovely city of Gloucester...
where I have a huge privilege and pleasure
to stay with wonderful Joe&Kim Knight.
Their hospitality is true and loving,
as they have not only offered me a place
to stay and food to eat but also
invited me to share their day-to-day life.
Their home feels like place of shalom.
I've been reading a book from C.S.Lewis called
Mere Christianity, which I recommend if you haven't read it yet.
I love being able to read books and look forward
to get a hold of some more books that have been
sitting on my "to read" list for ages.
But here, a quote from Lewis, something that I read last night...
"Besides being complicated, reality, in my experience,
is usually odd. It is not neat, not obvious, not what you expect."
I have been reading also Paul's letter to Romans, which currently
is one of my favorite pieces of scripture...
Listen to this...
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy,
to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—
this is your spiritual act of worship.
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world,
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
Then you will be able to test and approve
what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."
Rom. 12:1-2
I love how in Bible promises and commands are tide together.
Few thoughts I want to leave for you
for the coming weekend:
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb.12:2
"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory." Col. 3:1-4
I'd like to search deeper what this would mean to us, what is holy living,
how do we fix our eyes and hearts on things above and still keep our feet and hands firmly on the
mud of this earth...
Have a good weekend!
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti