lauantaina, lokakuuta 17, 2009

awaken the dreams ancient Eden...




What a miserably gloomy grey rainy Saturday. The weather almost dragged my mood under the weather,
but then I went for a run in a forest and felt the oxygen and adrenaline kick me back above surface.
I also had a good chat with God (in my thoughts, didn't hear him audibly but more like voice in my thoughts and pictures to my mind's eye)...
I also came back from the Netherlands recently and while running I continued processing some thoughts born while journeying.
Now here, trying to connect the dots.

Finnish phrase goes that "the forest is a church for Finns". As much as I like the forest I never fully got that phrase. I guess church is more about relationships and more sharing life stuff for me nowadays and in the past boring religious obligation. (...to put it with slight exaggeration...) Well maybe I do find forest relaxing, full of beauty, place of quiet and full of treasures of nature. But today, I also realised that it is after all, as forest would remind us of something. A place of state of mind.
Does forest, wild, beauty of creation, awake in us distant memory of the garden of Eden? A place where God came to walk with his people in the coolness of the evening. Place that man was to take care and to rule. Mystery but familiarity in same landscape. Hiding place. Adventure.

In a similar way I think Holland made me sometimes feel that I am only a shadow of something I could or should be. It was interesting thought process to follow. It was both inviting and on the edge of self judgement and comparison. I think in the end the love and blessings around me turned it all to be more inviting and exciting. In a same way that creation waits that one day again, we will be what we where meant to be, and more.

Ei kommentteja: