
A hare krishna boy once approached me at high street and asked if he could be my friend.
I told him that I unfortunately don't befriend quite that quickly.
After a short conversation he told me that I am dangerous.
I asked him if he knows why he feels so. He asked whether I am a christian.
"Yes I am." "So do you go to a church then?" was the next question.
(And conveniently church bells rang somewhere in distance.)
"No I don't, not that often."
"So what do you do then?" he asked.
"I try to live true to to what I believe in.
I, with my friends, learn to be kind to all people,
to study Bible, pray, eat together,
share life
and seek justice."
"Are you in celibacy then?" he enquired.
"Yes I am, as a matter of fact, want to be until I get married. I believe that sex is God's gift for marriage."
"Ha, this is where our beliefs differs", claimed the hare krishna boy, "we don't believe in physical pleasure."
"I am sorry", I said.
"Have a cookie, I have baked them myself", he said.
"No thank you", I replied, "don't want to anything from you but thanks."
Our conversation continued for a while. I offered to pray for him. He was delighted by the offer.
Another time another place a friend of mine wondered if there is sex in heaven.
I don't think so. I imagine that sex, as a satisfying, intimate and beautiful,
physical, emotional and spiritual connection
between husband and wife is probably the closest picture
of heaven that we can experience here on earth.
Well there are some other things that an bring
such a feeling of connection and fulfilment,
to laugh uncontrollably in happy company and feeling safe,
singing your heart out with others, a heated satisfying sports game,
to dance wildly until you are out of breath...
I don't know, these are just my random thoughts...whaddaya think? :)
3 kommenttia:
well,
truly i loved wht u wrote... and explained in simple manner...i loved it... i am new blogger here.. writing about my thoughts wandering on the head... if u get tie please have a look and give me ur feedback.
http://somethingifeel-nishu.blogspot.com/
Love,
Nita
God created Adam & Eve to fill the earth, so No there is no sex in Heaven. He also created all things for our pleasure so yes we should enjoy the pleasures of life. He is a God of love and we show we love him by obeying all his commands.
Eating a cookie is a pleasure. :)
"No I don't, not that often."
"So what do you do then?" he asked.
"I try to live true to to what I believe in.
I, with my friends, learn to be kind to all people,
to study Bible, pray, eat together,
share life
and seek justice."
So well said Ella!!
Lähetä kommentti