lauantaina, syyskuuta 11, 2010

[BLOG A KORAN day]

This blog is my participation to 
"Blog a koran day 9/11" by Tall Skinny Kiwi
In order to understand, I need to know,
when I get to know, I begin to love.
Loving, I want to know,
knowing, I begin to understand.

Recently, I had a sabbath meal with friends.
One of our newest friends is a iranian muslim.
It was a privileged to sit by their side,
eating bacon sandwiches and know
that we are both valued and loved by God.

I value friendships, fellow travellers highly.
We are made to make this journey together.
Sometimes you don't agree on everything,
but it doesn't mean you can't travel together.
It's good to have something to talk about ;)

"In essentials unity
In non-essentials liberty.
In all things love."

If we think we know the Truth,
we can invite others to seek Him 
with us, with grace and love.
If we invite others, we have to take
responsibility about them.

I have a friend, a lover and a King
who said "Follow me."
"I am the way, the truth and the life."
Many books are written about him,
many songs are composed about him,
many arguments are held about him.
In my opinion, nothing beats getting to know him personally.

A book I read recently was written by a former muslim,
and she often said that not many muslims have
read Qu'ran in a language they understand.
I must confess I've never read Qu'ran, would
be interesting to read it to see what our
muslim brothers and sisters believe in.
Also I think that everybody should read the Bible,
in order to understand what us Christians believe in.


This is a quote from Qu'ran that talks about Jesus:

"Christ, the son of Mary, was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how God makes His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!" (Sura 5:75).

Now I must go and sleep,
tomorrow is another exciting day.
Good night, lovely dreams of a better world
let us respect and love each other

2 kommenttia:

John kirjoitti...

interesting blog. i agree, love and respect are needed.

Wasn't overlly impressed with the "ChristianAnswers.net" thing though.
Seemed to be suggesting that Mohammed and Jesus' disciples revered Jesus in a similar way, and then that the Qur'an and the Bible reveal Jesus, that annoyed me quite a lot to be honest.

Pellava Smith kirjoitti...

Cheers Johnny for comment!

I wasn't very keen on that christiananswers website either, it was just interesting to see what they said.
There are probably better ones around, would be actually fine to find some!

Take care x