maanantaina, syyskuuta 13, 2010

[The King is enthralled by your beauty." Psalm 45:11]

I've blogged this same bit in september 22nd in 2007, bu  t felt that it would be alright to borrow it again for you guys to read, it's still something that very much touches my heart. Today I felt in my heart something saying that this new season is once again about growing and what is the most dangerous and adventurous and challenging and rewarding thing I can do is to grow to be more of myself to be more the one I was created to be. And I think this text in a way spurs me toward that freedom. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
__________________________________________________________________
I want to be beautiful
And make you stand in awe
Look inside my heart
And be amazed
I want to hear you say
Who I am is quite enough
I just want to be worthy of love
And beautiful.
(Bethany Dillon) 

Warrior Princesses

"Me, a princess?"
"You are the legal heir."
"I never lead anyone."
"We will help you to be a princess, to rule. If you refuse to accept the throne then the
kingdom will cease to exist as we know it."
--The Princess Diaries

In God's name we must fight them!
--Joan of Arc
Women are often portrayed in stories and tales as the "Damsel in Distress." We are the ones for whom men rise up and slay dragons. We are the "weaker sex"; said to faint at the sight of blood, needing to be spared the gory details of battle whether on the field or in the market place. We are the ones waiting in our flowing gowns for the knight to come and carry us away on the back of his white horse. And yes. There are days when a knight in shining armor would be most welcome. We do long to be fought for; loved enough to be courageously protected. But there is a mighty fierceness set in the heart of women by God. It is true to who we are and what we are created to do.

Women are warriors too.

Redeemed women of God have tender, merciful hearts, backbones of steel and hands that have been trained for battle. There is something incredibly fierce in the heart of a woman that is to be contended with, not dismissed, not disdained, but recognized, honored, welcomed and trained.

(Stasi and John Eldredge: Captivating , p. 186-188) 

Ei kommentteja: